Have you been struggling with Candida (such as vaginal thrush) and don’t know what to do about it? Candida is a yeast that we all have living in our bodies, it is completely natural and usually does not cause any issues. However, when there is an imbalance in your gut bacteria this allows the yeast Candida Albicans to thrive and issues can start to appear. This over-population of yeast then presents itself in many different ways, such as thrush in the moist areas of the body, e.g. vaginal thrush or oral thrush.
The key to solving this problem is to improve the balance of gut bacteria, along with a change in diet to bring the thrush under control. This may take days or weeks depending on how bad it is, and environmental factors such as what you are eating or drinking will have an effect on the level of imbalance and the time it takes to regulate.
In order to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut, you need to take a good quality probiotic every day. This should contain live bacteria and beneficial yeasts which can work together to maintain balance and limit the chance of over-population happening again.
Beneficial yeasts such as Saccharomyces boulardii are influential in the treatment of Candida overgrowth. Although S. boulardii is a yeast itself, studies have shown it to reduce the levels of C. albicans in the body, by up to 90%.
Immunity Fuel Original and Gluten Free formulas both contain that vital ingredients Saccharomyces boulardii, as well as Saccharomyces cerivisiae to help keep the candida and thrush symptoms under control.
Ideally you also need to cut down on sugar as the bad yeasts & bacteria feed off sugar. This includes refined sugar, carbs and alcohol.
10 things you can do to help your body beat Candida
1. Eat less carbohydrates. The first thing you want to do is to stop the growth of the Candida yeasts. Candida feeds off sugars so switching to a low carbohydrate diet is key to limiting the yeasts food supply.
2. Eat less refined sugars, bread, fizzy drinks, sweet condiments, sugar substitutes.
3. Eliminate high sugar fruits and fruit juice from your diet - although natural it is high in sugars which feed the yeasts.
4. Reduce alcohol consumption - alcohol has a host of effects on the body which can inhibit your bodies ability to fight the candida overgrowth.
5. Eat plenty of fresh vegetables (apart from starchy high carb vegies like potatoes). Load up on garlic, ginger, onions, broccoli, brussels sprouts & cabbage.
6. Take apple cider vinegar which can help to kill off bad yeasts.
7. Use plenty of coconut oil - cook with it, consume it, and rub it on affected areas. Coconut oil contains a natural anti-fungal called Caprylic acid which attacks the cells of the yeast.
8. Take a good quality natural probiotic with multiple strains of bacteria to restore balance to your intestinal system and help your body heal itself.
9. Take probiotics which include Saccharomyces Boulardii - a beneficial yeast which has been shown to reduce the levels of C. Albicans in the body.
10. Drink plenty of water to assist the elimination process.
It is important to note that when you start to take high quality live probiotics for the first time a healing response may be experienced, where the issue may get worse before it gets better – this is caused by the 'die off' off the candida yeasts.
Whilst you may feel much worse, it is important to continue taking the product to get through this healing response. This means it's working and you are on the road to good health - Candida free!
If you are taking Immunity Fuel probiotics, which contain 15 strains of probiotics including Saccharomyces boulardii, as well as nutritional whole foods, and need any support going through the process please contact us.
The Immunity Fuel Team