Chronic inflammation can lead to weight gain and disorders such as leaky gut. Stress, inflammatory foods, and low activity levels can make this risk even greater. However, studies demonstrate that some foods can fight inflammation.
Leaky gut creates a low-grade inflammation in reaction to food particles, that literally leak through your gut wall. This causes food sensitivities, especially to gluten and dairy, and also triggers many other health problems including fatigue, brain fog, headaches, depression, allergies, sinus, irritable bowel, reflux, joint pain and acne.
Inflammation can also cause weight gain which is triggered by insulin resistance, food sensitivities and food allergies.
Here are 10 of the best Anti inflammatory Foods you should be including on your shopping list...
1. Wild Caught Salmon. Omega-3 fatty acids fight inflammation and these fish are a great source.
2. Whole Grains. We have heard time and time again to cut out the white, refined flour so this is just one more reason to do it!
3. Dark, leafy greens. Endless benefits!!! try to include them in every meal, add them to your daily smoothie, (great way to hide them from kids and hubby)
4. Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews and more. Again, the omega-3 fatty acids are loaded in all kinds of nuts.
5. Spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper
6. Berries. These fruits are loaded with anti-oxidants as well so load up on your berries!
7. Garlic. an anti-inflammation powerhouse!
8. Olive Oil. Many studies on the Mediterranean diet that is rich in extra virgin olive oil show the benefits when it comes to combating inflammation.
9. Avocados. Yes!
10. Beans. These are a great protein source and high in fiber as well!