With all the nasty viruses around and flu season approaching it’s important to make sure you have a strong immune system.
So it’s never been a better time to think seriously about boosting your immune system and it starts with your gut.
As much as 70-80% of immune cells are located in the gut, so your gut health can really impact the health of your entire immune system.
A sluggish, unhappy gut will result in ineffective immune function, leading to more colds, flu and other infections.
The food we eat and the nutrients it contains don’t actually enter the bloodstream without first making its way through the gut wall. Microbes in the lower intestinal tract help us digest food, (and subsequently assist the absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which we need to fuel our immune systems), fight harmful bacteria, and regulate the immune system.
When the gut becomes unbalanced with unhealthy levels of certain bacteria, probiotics can help restore the balance, give your immune system a boost and inhibit the growth of harmful gut bacteria.
Here are 7 things you can do to each day to strengthen your immune system
1. Include a daily probiotic to ensure you’re getting the friendly bacteria you need. Choose a natural, multi strain probiotic, such as Immunity Fuel. Immunity Fuel is certified organic and is more than just a probiotic , its a complete all in one gut reboot and immune booster - containing 15 strains of live bacteria, prebiotics and fermented wholefood vitamins and minerals. With 100% natural organic ingredients and live probiotics, Immunity Fuel provides the perfect all-in-one daily dose to strengthen your immune system.
2. Eat a healthy diet including lots of fresh fruit and vegetables - making sure to include plenty of vitamin C, lean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
3. Reduce your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates (such as white bread) as your friendly bacteria don’t like these!
4. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation, and definately don't smoke!
5. Get some exercise - even a little bit helps. Get out out and about in the sunshine for a good dose of Vitamin D - but watch out for sunburn!
6. Try and get a good nights sleep - let you body rest and repair over night. Try meditation to help relax the body, or limit screens/ t.v. in the evening before bed to help calm the mind towards sleep.
7. Don't stress! When we are stressed our immune system becomes suppressed, making us more vulnerable to illness. Sometimes it's hard not to be stressed when we lead busy lives, but try to take some time for you to relax, such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga or a walk.
Try these simple daily tips today to help you build a stronger immune system to support your well being through these times. oh and don't forget to wash your hands! :-)